Friday, September 3, 2010

Casting Breaking Dawn Updates

‘Breaking Dawn’ Adds Egyptian Vampire Benjamin to Cast

By: Erik Davis on September 1, 2010 at 2:22PM (originally posted on Fandango, here)

Rami Malek

During their Emmy Awards party, Entertainment Tonight let loose that Rami Malek (he played Ankmenrah In both Night at the Museum films) has joined the cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn as the vampire Benjamin, who’s part of an Egyptian coven that assist the Cullens by acting as witnesses for them during a key part in the movie. Malek will most likely be joined by several other vampires who still need to be cast, including more Egyptians, Romanians, Irish, Amazonians and nomads.
What do you think about the casting, and which new character are you looking forward to seeing on screen for the first time?


Ed says...Honestly i'm excited about this casting. I never really pictured him as a character, and i've always been happy with the choices. Since I actually watched the movie before reading any of the books, I had those people in my head as the characters. So I know he did an amazing job in the second Night at the Museum I'm sure he'll be up to the task to being in Breaking Dawn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good choice for casting - I loved him in Night at the Museum (one of my first thoughts about him was actually something along the lines of 'God... he's hot'). So, I'm going to enjoy paying attention to Benjamin in Breaking Dawn. ;)

Em said...

secret: that's totally what i thought when i saw the photo (cause in night at the museum you don't really see him) but i wanted to sound a little more professional in the post hehe :D

Anonymous said...

Ya, of course - it's good to sound professional. Oh! You might already know this, but I was just watching a Proactiv commercial, and Jackson Rathbone was in it! If you didn't know this already, it's kind of funny. Proactiv is using the fame that Twilight is getting to sell their products. :P

Post a Comment