Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spotlight: 2carm2carm2



Everyone give 2carm2carm2 a warm welcome :) I’m excited to have her as a part of my author interview series and hopefully you’ll find this as interesting as I did, and if you haven’t read her story The King’s Mistress then you’ll go give that a chance!




What did you think of Breaking Dawn?

At first I loved it. I’ll admit I stared at the “The End” page for about

five minutes, I couldn’t fathom it was done….but then my sister

(SimplyDazzling) Justy and I started to analyze it. And now I can say I’m

not a fan of that one.

Favorite Twilight couple?

Jared and Kim! FTW! Just kidding, umm, it’s a tie between Alice & Jasper or

Emmett & Rosalie. I have to say that in the fanfiction world I like R & E

better because I love Emmett but in the series it’s definitely A & J.

Why did you decide to write a period piece? Where did your inspiration come from?

Since I was like 8 I’ve always been a bit of a silent history nut. First I

was obsessed with the Revolutionary War, I read any book I could about it.

Then it evolved into the Trojan War after I accidently watched Troy, and then

I started reading some books about Elizabeth I and Bloody Mary and then I saw

a trailer for The Other Boleyn Girl.

I didn’t read the book or even see the movie before I started to write the

story even though that’s what a bunch of people think. I watched my first

The Tudors episode last week!

So basically I just took that silent historic passion and mixed with my

Twilight obsession with no intention of putting it on the internet.

Did you do any research for the stories or is this all from your imagination?

I had to check some facts when I was writing that story.

I love Google. So much.

But the facts were small like births, common names, court order and different

titles of wealth. I didn’t do any hard core, library research.

What’s your favorite type of FanFic to read?

Surprisingly enough, it isn’t historic pieces. I mean if I mind a good one

I’ll check it out but I don’t search for them.

I like a really wide variety from Master of the Universe to The Fallout. If

they have a good summary with more than 10 chapters written and I’ve seen

more than once; I’ll read the first chapter to see if I like it.

Is there any type you never read? Why?

God yes. Those cliché high school love stories that don’t have much

substance or other plot lines; hate them. I stay away from D/s stories for the

most part too, though there are exceptions. Oh and I hate when Bella’s

pregnant as a teenage. I stopped reading The Hard Way to Learn a Lesson

because of that without hesitation.

Do you have a specific writing process?

Turn on music, and then alternate between Facebook and Microsoft Word unless

I’m super into what I’m writing at the time. Sometimes I have a snack. So

yeah…definitely specific…

What was the most changeling thing about writing from the time period?

Blah! People asking if I was copying The Other Boleyn Girl! If you write

anything from a time period people will compare it to the most famous story of

that period. All the other researching crap was fun, I didn’t mind it. But I

can’t even count how many authors notes I wrote about how I didn’t get

inspired from that story.

Who was your favorite character to write? Why?

I’m assuming your asking about The King’s Mistress…and if so I loved

writing it Bella’s mind. She’s like my fantasy 16th century life. If I

imagine myself living in that era it’s as Bella Swan, queen of England with

a sexy, amazing husband who’s the king. I just loved writing her, because I

could do a lot. It was all real fiction though because no one would have had a

life like Bella then.

What character are you most proud of? Has grown the most, in your eyes?

Emmett (: And Edward, really, all my guys in that story I am proud of. When

the story started they’re all going to whorehouses and flirting with every

woman in site, but they all grew to love, though for Emmett it took him till

like the last chapter before he finally realized that love had been right in

front of him.

Great. I love sounding like the Hallmark Channel.

Is there any music you like to listen to when you write?

I can’t write without music! I just have to have music! When I was writing

TKM I listened to a lot of similar songs, they just had to flow easily

together. Like a light rock station sorta. Its not like I can listen to 3OH!3

or Ke$ha when I was writing that one. Well I think I did that once actually…

Favorite author outside of fanfiction?

Hands down Nicholas Sparks. Best authors of that generation. I like some James

Patterson sometimes too.

Working on anything new, planning anything after this story, or just taking

one thing at a time?

Yes! I cannot wait for summer to have uninterrupted time to right the new

story I’ve been planning for months.

I’m really excited about this one! I’ve got pages of planning written out

and a bunch of pictures to go with the places and outfits already. This one

won’t be a period piece; I think it’s time for me to try my hand at

writing in the real world…

If you ever got a bit of writers block, how do you handle that? Anything

special you do?

Bwahaha, no! Any tips?

When I get writers block I’m SOL for about 3 weeks which is a long time in

the writing world if you ask me.

Anything else you’d like to say about writing fanfiction or your story?

To anyone writing your own FF story, be brave and put it on the site, you

could be the next Angstgoddess for all you know. But edit it properly (:

-I am so incredibly lame (: I had nothing to do on a Saturday




Well I know I don’t think she’s lame, quite the opposite in fact.

Here’s the excerpt about the story from the blog, Seemingly Questionable



Rating: M

Genere: Romance/Suspense

Complete/Last Update: Complete

Summary: In the age where men ruled the world, women were pawns in the vast game of chess that was the royal court. An intriguing and captivating tale of love, betrayal, lust and sex. "For, behold, the winter is past. The rain is over and gone."

Why Read? This story is perfect for the royalty theme and anyone who watching shows like the tudors. I stuck this fan fic here because of the huge age difference between Edward (late 20s, almost 30 i believe) and Bella (about 15) but honestly if you think of this as terms of the time period it was written for, its wasn't uncommon at all. A lot less smutty then i thought it was going to be, more meaningful and deep, definitely a story i come back to, to reread every once and a while. The plot line is creative, fun and witty, filled with adventure, fluff, smut, and everything in between. Give it a shot, you might just fall in love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment