Sunday, April 4, 2010

What this blog is all about

Hello whoever you are,

I've created this blog to try and spread the word about some amazing twilight fanfiction that I've read.

I'm a little bit addicted, and try to read at least one story a day, if not more. Luckily I have a life that gives me the free time to be able to spend so much time reading. I wish i could be writing fan fiction, but I'll leave that to those people who actually can.

Being a part of fanfiction.com, twilgihted.net, and countless other fan fiction sights, I've decided to make my own little recommendation sight. I know sometimes I have trouble finding quality fanfiction, and sorting through the good and the bad is hard sometimes. Hopefully, I'll be able to help anyone else who just wants to read a good story without all the work of finding one.

Now onto what types of stories you'll find on this blog...

First off I'd like to say that this is a limited selection of the millions of types of stories out there for you to read. This is simply because of my preferences in stories, because i have to read them to recommend them. I have nothing against other types of stories out there, they are just not my cup of tea. So here are some other sights that you should check out in your search for twilight fanfiction


Fan Fiction Recommendations on facebook
Live Journal Recommendations
Twilight Archives (fanfiction and fan art)
Twilight Sisterhood Recommendations

Finally, here is the information about what is on this blog in particular...

  • I like stories that have actual plot lines and that keep your interest. I don't mind some smut/lemons here and there but if that's all it is then I'll pass.
  • I do enjoy the occasional one-shot, some are really touching or interesting.
  • I can't stand stories with no grammar or punctuation, or stories that don't feel somewhat realistic (for example, they meet and are intently in love, things take time people, build up to it!) but that's just my opinion. I want to read stories with complex characters with depth that you see grow, change and overcome obstacles as the story progresses.


Other notes ...

  1. I only read cannon couple stories, sorry everything else just doesn't feel right.
  2. You won't find a lot of super angst stories here, im a fan of it in moderation mostly but i do read some more agnsty stuff once and a while
  3. I really tend to stick to AH fanfic but i'm trying to branch out more (thus the creation of the vampires/other supernatural blog)
  4. I also try to stay away from any horror or hurt fanfiction, I'm a happy person and it brings me down.
  5. Stories with kids - this is a hard one, honestly i have a few that have kids that are my favorite stories on fan fiction, others it seems to ruin the story for me. If the kids are well written and feel like they act their age then i'll give the story a shot but i tend to be gun shy when i know they already have kids.


I'm hoping that whoever you are will be able to come here and find something to read that you'll love, stories that you'll want to read over and over again. So if you like the stories i have here spread the word about the blog!

Please email me at teb.blog.comments@gmail.com if you know of any stories that aren't on my blog that you think are beyond amazing, I'd love to read and recommend them.


Thanks!

-ed


0 comments:

Post a Comment